POSITION: Director of Food & Beverage
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
The Lynnwood Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Director of Food & Beverage. This position is responsible for direction and coordination of the Food & Beverage operation at the Lynnwood Convention Center. Ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations ensuring company standards are maintained.
This position manages subordinate Banquet Manager and Executive Chef/Sous Chef. Responsibilities include appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Ensures that all Food & Beverage operations are geared towards maximizing guest satisfaction, maximizing revenues, and minimizing expenses.
- Maintains monthly cost of goods including labor, food, and alcohol as outlined in the Annual Operating Budget.
- Oversees Food & Beverage operations to ensure quality control standards are maintained through the regular inspection and sampling of prepared food.
- Works with Executive Chef to ensure equipment and building meet state, local health laws and internal regulations.
- Works closely with Banquet Manager to ensure service and presentation standards are maintained.
- Assists Banquet Manager in maintaining event cash handling procedures and reconciliation.
- Administers internal audits involving review of alcohol inventory, purchasing policies, and administrative controls.
- Administers the departmental plans and expense budgets of the Food & Beverage Department as part of the Annual Operating Plan.
- Evaluates facility practices and establishes quality control initiatives focusing on proper techniques, servicing, and protocol required to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Administers performance evaluations for assigned department managers.
- Works closely with General Manager in the preparation and negotiation of service agreements. Reviews contracts for compliance and/or government specifications.
- Provides monthly reports to the General Manager and Board of Directors.
- Serves as MOD as required.
- Meet or exceed guest satisfaction goals as outlined in the Annual Operating Plan.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Beverage or Hospitality Management or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ hospitality experience in management level position, with three (3) of those years in a management function in a large public assembly facility, hotel or other similar facility setting.
- Three to five years’ experience in proven supervisory or facility management leadership role; demonstrated ability to handle multiple positions with minimum instruction.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Computer Proficient (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) previous experience with EMS and Meeting Matrix preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible, have a sense of urgency, and can respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
- Thorough working knowledge of facility operations including a solid knowledge of all phases of event management, food & beverage operations, personnel administration and budgeting.
- Clearly demonstrated ability at problem solving, planning, organizing, and logistics.
- Excellent guest service skills are necessary, as the position requires frequent interaction with internal and external guests, vendors and other visitors to the facility.
- This position requires a flexible schedule – including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Position requires extensive walking, occasional bending, stooping, climbing, and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check.
To apply for this position email email@example.com
Or mail your resume to:
Lynnwood Convention Center
Tracey Morrison - HR Department
3711 196th St. SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Competitive Salary and benefits package
Please include your salary history or requirements to be considered for this position
Visit our website at www.lynnwoodcc.com or SMGworld.com
**No Phone Calls Please**
Position Open: November 29th - December 15th
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.