Open Internal Position
Title: Catering Coordinator
Reports To: Catering Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
- The primary function of this position is to assist the Catering Manager with the operation of the Front of House Food & Beverage Department. The Catering Coordinator also functions as the primary Banquet Captain for LCC and will direct and supervise catering staff members in the absence of the Catering Manager.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of banquet industry standards of service and fine dining food service.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills suited to a formal, professional environment.
- Must have strong leadership skills and must demonstrate ability to lead a team.
- Must demonstrate an ability to read, understand, and implement LCC Standards of Service, Banquet Event Orders, and other policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work with MS Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher.
- Must hold or obtain upon hiring a Washington State Food Workers Card and a MAST Permit Class 12/13.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Banquet Captain.
- Ability to pass a credit check and criminal background check.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds unaided.
- Ability to carry and balance a tray with 5 entrees on the shoulder.
- Provide administrative support for the Catering Department, including assisting the Catering Manager with ordering, production of event paperwork, and training.
- Ensure accuracy and distribution of service orders to the catering staff. Ensure that any late changes and deviations from standard are communicated effectively to the catering staff.
- Attend daily and weekly meetings related to event execution.
- Train new and existing catering staff members so that all servers perform their tasks in a consistent manner and all servers maintain the LCC Standards of Service.
- In the absence of the Catering Manager, manage the catering staff and have responsibility for ensuring proper event service.
- Ensure that all food and beverage storage areas remain clean, organized, and properly stocked.
- Perform all the essential functions of a Banquet Captain as necessary.
- Perform all the essential functions of a Bar Captain as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Catering Manager.
To Call in Sick...
To Call in Sick please call the Front Desk at (425) 778-7155 and provide the receptionist the following information:
- Scheduled shift time
- Reason for absence
Once you have provided the above information to the receptionist, please call Dan on his cell phone at (925) 822-8008 and provide him the same information.
YOU MUST MAKE TWO PHONE CALLS!!
Email is not to be used to call in sick! Emailing that you will not be in does NOT constitute proper call off! If you fail to make a phone call, any absense will be considered a No-Call-No-Show.
Catering Staff Schedule!!
The catering is scheduled with a number of job codes to indicate different duties on any one day. Please come to work prepared to perform the assigned job.
C=Banquet Captain BCap=Bar Captain BT=Bartender CC=Concession Cart
S=Server (all uncoded shifts are server shifts)