The Lynnwood Convention Center is excited to welcome you back to our venue.
The heart of the Lynnwood Convention Center re-activation plan is focused on the customer experience.
- We have three customers for every event we manage: the show organizer, the exhibitor, and the attendee.
- The life cycle of an event falls into three phases: the move-in, the event is open to attendees, and the move-out.
- Outlined on this page is the journey visitors will take when visiting our facility. It begins with the opportunity for guests and meeting planners to tour the facility virtually and follows the journey through the event space.
- Recognizing the need to reinforce current physical distancing and proper safety protocols, this plan outlines a series of recommendations for the use of these spaces.
- Provided in this plan are examples of reduced capacities in meeting spaces with examples showing meeting room drawings for various functions based on current CDC guidelines.
- As food is an integral part of any event experience, we also describe how catering and concessions will operate.
Over the last few months, our team has gone through great lengths to implement many changes to ensure your next event is met with heightened sanitization and hygiene practices. We have also created new offerings and modified other services to ensure the health and comfort of our guests. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Updated capacities and room diagrams to follow physical distancing guidelines
- Menus with alternatives to buffets
- Catering service changes
- Signage throughout the venue
- New linen-less classroom tables
- Application for GBAC STAR accreditation
Our goal is to create a Safe Place to Meet.
It will take the Lynnwood Convention Center Team and Event Organizers working together to achieve this goal. This guide provides an overview of measures needed to achieve this goal.